Friday, March 20, 2009

There's a Cosmos full of Conundrums to Crack

Sometimes I like to just sketch, without necessarily worrying about the drawing being for any certain upcoming story or project. Here are some sketches I've done of various panels from comic books. I like the Silver Age comic book vibe, with a more humorous approach. Sometimes I just sketch a panel because I thought the layout was innovative. I hope I'm storing away artist secrets in my mind to use later, adding another tool to the toolbox.

The sketch above is from a classic Hulk story, The Brute that Shouted Love at the Heart of the Atom. I kept the characters the same, only made them more like caricatures. They used to pack in a lot more dialogue in each panel then.
I think this panel is from the same story, but as you can see, sometimes I like to substitute my own characters.

These are a couple from a Superman/Flash team-up.







No comments: