Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Art Show & Release Party at Heroes Your Mom Threw Out

Here's a poster I made to advertise my participation in an event entitled "I Made This". In the poster, I imagine what the characters in my comic would think if they could see the pages of the comic in an art show.

When the second issue of my comic came out, Jared Aiosa, the owner of the comic shop I go to said, "We gotta have a release party!" That's kind of evolved into a celebration and art show of any body in our area who makes their own comics, music, or art of any kind.

If you are in the area, it will be on Saturday, March 21 at Heroes Your Mom Threw Out Comic Shop.

3 comments:

Ben Villarreal said...

That's a great poster. I love seeing you colour work! Have fun Saturday; unfortunately, I'll be on the other side of the country ;-)

Paul Bozzo said...

Love the poster - you really captured the anxiety of putting your stuff "out there." Monet's scrutiny sure puts the pressure on!

Unknown said...

Terrific poster. Have fun at the art show/release party, and congratulations.

Did you know you got linked on Tom Spurgeon's Comic Reporter website?

http://comicsreporter.com/

Stan Sakai