Friday, December 4, 2009

"Click"

The comic below is something I created as an entry for the 2009 Oni Comics Talent Search. I didn't win, but I did enjoy my first experience working from someone else's script. I did get a nice review from an editor at Oni who gave me some good tips to work on. Looking at it now, I agree that it would have been better with more wide shots, establishing shots. It was kind of tough to fit the whole story in the number of pages prescribed. I think I would have stretched it out more. Any way, the story is called Our Hero by Philip Gelatt, who wrote Labor Days and Indiana Jones Adventure. The comic company who ran this contest is Oni Press, which makes some fantastic comics and graphic novels including Crogan's Vengeance and by Crogan's March by Chris Schweizer.






No comments: