Monday, May 7, 2012

Athens Artsfest 2012

 This year I had a table at the Athens Artsfest.  It was a great crowd this year. The newspaper said "tens of thousands" attended.  It really is huge, and gets better every year. I sell quite a few comics when I participate.I try to have a page going or something, because some people are curious about the process.
 If things are slow, I will make a free sketch for kids, or for grownups -- free with purchase. Now, keep in mind, sketch means "sketch", but this young man was pretty pleased with his dinosaur. 


I was back to back with Paul Bozzo, an amazing artist who makes textured paintings. He is a good friend, so during breaks, we can cover for one another.  I like it when he takes break, because it is fun to demonstrate his process.  Somehow his camera captured his ability to communicate from the break room, Obi-wan Kenobi style, "Andy, don't use so much Force!"

2 comments:

Ben Villarreal said...

Sounds like lots of fun!

And that picture is totally cool :-)

Matt said...

Sounds like a good time. It's a shame that it was the same weekend as TCAF... or it's a same that I don't have a clone so that I can be in two places at the same time.